Sunday, August 31, 2008

Summer's End

Wow, so a lot of things happened this month, right?

First of I just wanted to say that I read 15 BOOKS (Yes! 15!) this month. That is an all time high for me since I started this blog. But I wanted to count up how many books I read this summer:

  • Gone
  • The Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second
  • House of Dance
  • Fly on the Wall
  • The Adoration of Jenna Fox
  • Bad Girls
  • The Dead & The Gone
  • Anatomy of a Boyfriend
  • How Not To Be Popular
  • Gingerbread
  • Bad Girls Club
  • Saving Zoe
  • Breaking Dawn
  • Read My Lips
  • Alpha Dog
  • Oh. My. Gods.
  • The Big Game of Everything
  • Chloe Doe
  • Swimming With The Sharks
  • Stay With Me
  • Guitar Girl
  • Kiss Me Kill Me
  • Audrey, Wait!
  • Such a Pretty Girl
  • The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
  • A Little Friendly Advice
  • The Elite
  • Lets Get Lost
  • Geek High
  • Becoming Chloe
  • Scrambled Eggs at Midnight
  • Girl At Sea
  • Footfree and Fancyloose-
  • Bass Ackwards and Belly Up
  • Jet Set
  • How to be Bad
  • I Heart You, You Haunt Me
  • The Host
  • Fourth Comings
  • Charmed Thirds
And in total that's 12,309 pages read in all. I am pretty happy with that amount. Now in the beginning of the summer I sort of had a goal in mind to read about 50 books this summer, from June 1st to August 31st, and in total I have read: 40 books. Which is so incredibly high, I am so happy with myself that I reached 40 books read this summer. So next summer I will have this goal again and let's see if I can hit 50 this time. I'm sure I could do it. Now I'll think I'll just post my favorite books below becasue if I linked to all my reviews to the books above this would not get posted before September starts, not in order:

The Host
-A very beautiful story full of romance and hardships and a bit of sci-fi. Yes, this was my favorite book read this summer.

How to be Bad-A hilarious story of three different girls on a road trip from three amazing authors.

Audrey, Wait!
-An awesome story full of love, music, and sarcasm from an amazing new author.

Swimming with the Sharks
-A true to life story that is wonderfully written.

Oh. My. Gods.-A hilarious story with Greek gods and goddesses from a debut author.

Bad Girls Club-Probably the most sad novel I read this summer, but an incredible read, a book nobody should miss.

Breaking Dawn
-The most awaited book of the year, that not everybody loved, but will go down in history.

The Dead & The Gone-An amazing new companion novel from one of the most intense novels I've ever read.

Bad Girls-An amazing suspense novel from an awesome author that I will won't to read more of.

House of Dance-A beautiful story that is so memorizing and incredible from the most poetic author in the YA world.

Gone-A unique story of survival for kids fourteen and under, a great start to a soon-to-be series.

The above books are highly recommended if you haven't read it yet.

This summer has been really fun, mostly because I have this blog, otherwise, pretty boring. But I got a ton of reading in so, that's really fun. But this summer has been really cold for a summer. We had an extremely long winter, November through half of June pretty much. I was still using a blanket in June and I didn't stop wearing my winter jacket until May. We had a blizzard the last week of April and got a foot of snow and the snow didn't melt until that middle of May. So I pretty much read, and watched Veronica Mars in June. (Veronica Mars rules!!!!) Then in July I read and watched the whole four seasons of Lost. (Lost rules!!!! Can't wait for season five in 2009!!!) and in August I pretty much read, but of course in those three months I blogged also, as I've finally reached my 100th post last week sometime, which is extremely exciting (Enter my 100th Post contest before Sept. 5th!).

So this Fall and Winter I plan on having a Halloween/Birthday contest coming up in about a month in a half, which is going to be HUGE, I can guarantee you. Then on January 21st will be my blog's first anniversary, which is so exciting, I can't wait! I don't have anything planned for that yet, but it'll be huge, I promise. Also look for some author interviews/guest blogs!

So, should I make a goal from now until . . . New Year's shall we say? Let's see school is in then, so how about 25 books. I think that might work, I will TRY to read 25 books by the end of 2008.

Did you have a goal this summer? Did you beat it? Do you have a new goal this fall? Tell me in a comment!

Other then that, I hope everybody had an awesome summer and here comes Autumn!

1 comment:

  1. Wow congrats on all your reading. I think I'm going to start setting up goals for myself like this. Especially as 2008 comes around, I really want to record how many books I read in a year and join some annual challenges.

    Vanessa
    whatvanessareads.wodpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)