Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

If Phoebe Castro keeps her grades up and have another stellar cross-country season, her dream of attending USC with her best friends is only a track scholarship away. She's made all her plans, so it's a complete shock when he mom announces she's marrying a mysterious stranger and moving them halfway around the world - to Greece.

Phoebe's stuck on a secret island in the Aegean attending the super-exclusive Academy, where her new stepfather is the headmaster and the kids are
anything but your average students - they are descendants of the Greek gods, superpowers included. That's right, Greek gods are no myth! If Phoebe thought high school was hard, she knows this is going to be mortal misery.

Securing that scholarship seems like Phoebe's only ticket out of Greece, but training and maintaining her grades will be grueling, even without sabotaging stepsister from Hades and a gorgeous guy - what a god! - who just might be her Achilles' heel. One thing is for sure - summoning the will to win and finding her place among the gods could be Phoebe's toughest course yet.

The Greek gods get a makeover in this romantic odyssey of mythical proportion.


This was such an incredibly unique story, and I absolutely loved it. It wasn't what i expected at all. Phoebe was such a likable character. She was like my very own friend. Even after I read the inside flap for this book. I was completely astonished by it, I feel like I entirely skipped over the word 'superpowers' because I totally didn't expect it. I'm just glad I had a quarter of English last year on the Greek gods. Hehe.

I loved how Tera Lynn Childs put a modern turn on the Greek gods. It was fabulous. I like theses types a book, the other book I like being Avalon High, which brought a modern turn on the Court of King Arthur. Childs is a great new author. Like her website states: Fresh Teen Fiction with a Twist of Myth. It's terrific. I mean, this novel would probably been way too original to be a hit as it is if there weren't any gods in it. But it is a hit and I loved every aspect of it.

I cannot wait for the sequel, currently untitled, supposedly out the Spring of 2009. Childs will sure to be a hit with these teen books of hers. As I just said. I CANNOT wait. Hehe.

I highly recommend this book.

~Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. Im getting this book for christmas! I am so glad i got it too, cuz it sounds great and enjoyable. I wasnt sure how many people liked it, so i am glad i came to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to read this book, i've heard so many good things about it.

    I nominated you! Check out my blog for the details.

    Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)