Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Rating:

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she’s still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. But along with the memories come questions—questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

The idea of this book is incredibly fascinating. A girl waking up after a year in a coma, we've seen this before, yes, but not like this. This is story is uniquely made as is it original. Jenna Fox is the real thing. I liked going through the journey Jenna goes through learning about her past and learning what she is now in the present. The whole story line was just so wonderfully created.I liked how the book took place about fifteen years in the future from now. It was nice to see her perspective on the near future, a very interesting take on things.

Mary E. Pearson is a fabulously talented writer. Her writing is pretty much perfection. I truly adored (No pun intended) this wonderful novel and I can't wait to read Mary E. Pearson's other works or fiction. I recommend this deep, moving novel to anyone.

~Kelsey

P.S. Yay! Shawn Johnson finally won a gold on the Balance Beam routine! I'm super happy for her!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that does sound really good. Is it deeply psychological or more about her new experiences? Is she more in the past or the present? Oh, and I love your blog template, it really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this book:)

    Are you a fellow gymnastics fan? I was rooting for Nastia at the Olympics for AA but I was happy Shawn got a gold too!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)