Saturday, September 27, 2008

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast. Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and acts like Kate's invisible.

And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, who Kate pretends she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. And when Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him even though she knows she's just his latest conquest.

Kate figures the only way things will ever stop hurting is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen--but only if she lets them.

I really enjoyed Perfect You. When I read Bloom early this year, I wasn't WOWed by it, but after hearing such amazing things for Perfect You and Stealing Heaven and Living Dead Girl, that when I got this book from BookMooch (Thanks Shauna!) I was so excited I started reading this right away. I had some expectations and Perfect You definitely accomplished them.

Scott tells a tale that was completely realistic from the mind of a mature teen who has all the issues a teen can have. Family, friends, love/hate relationships. It's all there and Scott wraps it up a delivers it with superb dialogue and honest hardships that make this novel what it is, plus the story adds with having the most authentic characters I have ever seen in a story in a long time. This book was amazing and I couldn't put it down! It's highly recommended.

Kate is full of sarcasm, stubborn, and she's so funny! Kate is my new favorite heroine. All the supporting characters were very credible. The whole aura of this novel was so calm but so deep. This book made me laugh and get watery eyes. I just can't explain how amazingly written and overall how good this novel was. Fans of Sarah Dessen will devourer this book up. I can't wait for to read Scott's latest two books. Overall, this book is a must read for any teenager.

Rating:

2 comments:

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)