Friday, September 12, 2008

ARC-In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg

Molly and Charlie have fallen head over heels in love-even though they've never met Molly is a fashion-conscious city girl in L.A. Charlie is an earthy, mountain-biking dude from Boulder, Colorado. Each of them has big plans with their respective friends for the summer-until they discover that their parents decided to swap houses!

Luckily there's no amount of homesickness that a bit of snooping can't cure. Charlie and Molly begin crawling under beds and poking around in closets to find out a little more about each other-and they like what they find.

Can Charlie and Molly's long-distance romance survive jealousy, misunderstandings-and the thousand miles between them?

MTV's Room Raiders meets You've Got Mail in this sweet, old-fashioned love story for the digital age. . . .

My favorite type of book, a love story. This novel is a pure romance story for YA. Molly is the pretty, smart, and shy girl. Charlie is the popular, outgoing guy. Together they're a perfect match. Molly and Charlie are pretty original characters and even though on the cover it looks like they're fourteen, they're really seventeen in the book.

The whole idea of the novel, falling in love before you actually meet and spending the summer in each other's rooms, so you know what their rooms look like for a first impression, it's just so original. I loved it. I liked the rotating chapters, so you got to see what was happening with Molly in Boulder and Charlie in L.A. You get to see the romance grow, so nicely. I just really loved the book and the style, it's an awesome book. The writing is really good and I think this is a terrific debut novel from a new promising author.

The only thing I have a problem with it how short the book was. It was like 200 pages max. Then I kind of wished that there was more to it and more to the endin of the novel, like an epilogue maybe? An epilogue would of been really nice. But, yeah, this novel was fantastic and I really suggest you go out to your local bookstore and get it come October.

*Thanks Anne for sending me the book! I really appreciate you sending me this!

2 comments:

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)