Saturday, June 27, 2009

Top 5: YA Boys

Trish Doller did it here. Jordyn, Khy and I got talking. So I we are all doing it. Could it possibly become a meme? It's up to you I suppose. Here goes:

5: Clay Jensen - Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Because I loved reading his story through his mind and he seems like a fantastic guy and person; someone I would love to meet. He seems genuine.

4: Simon Something-or-other - The Mortal Instruments Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

I actually JUST finished reading this series, uh, THIS MORNING. Maybe it's because it's still fresh in the brain or something, but Simon rocked. He just simply rocks.

3: Spencer Martin - Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson

I couldn't have said it as good as Khy did: "He's not the romantic lead of the book, but who cares?! He's Spencer. He's hilarious and completely adorable." dittodittoditto

2: Jonah Griggs - Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

I loooooooovedlovedloved Jellicoe Road and Jonah was sooooo great. I just can't find a way NOT love him.

1: Owen Armstong - Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Owen has, and always will, own the top place in this list and my heart. (Cheesy, I know.)

Now, the YA Boys that I seriously have trouble knowing WHY they are so hyped up about. ( No order)

1: Edward Cullen - Twilight Saga

YUCKITY YUCK YUCK.

2: Wes - The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

He is just so, gah. He bothers me.

3: Nate - Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen

I do not find anything special about him. Not saying he's bad, but just, what's the appeal?

4: Cabel - Wake & Fade by Lisa McMann

I like him, but again, what is the appeal? I just don't see it.

5: Damen - Evermore by Alyson Noel

Damen was perfect. Too perfect. WAY too perfect. He's just, ugh.

Now it's your turn. Go go go go go go. Link it!

15 comments:

  1. I'm definitely with you on Cabel. And my daughter said she didn't like Damen, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see the appeal on Cabel, like really, I though he was just a freak of nature, and over protector.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say Cabel is a leading guy in YA for me. But I think it's the way he cares for Janie, and the fact that he is a protector to her that is appealing. :) Also, it seems girls like damaged goods or something lol.

    I haven't read Jellicoe Road and now I want to :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I picked Jonah too - he's delish! I completely agree with Damen - he makes me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both Simon and Jace in the Mortal Instruments series...they're both just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your choices! But I thought Wes was cute in Truth About Forever, and Owen was just okay.
    But I might be mixing them up. =))

    (PS> Team Bunny!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Wes, Cabel, and JONAH!! Jonah is the best!
    But I'm also a huge fan of Jace from Mortal Instruments, Dexter from This Lullaby and Po from Graceling!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Jonah! But what's with all the Simon fans? Umm Jace. And Owen? Meh. Wes is just adorable- and the fact that he plays Truth. Owen never did anything for me. I love Clay though. :) Great list!

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I ad another to the "yuck" boys? Luke, from the Evernight series. The boy has a violent temper and I don't trust him one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I preferred Wake Cabel to Fade Cabel. Can't comment on the Dessen Boys. But what about Nick? Demon's Lexicon Nick? And I have to confess I'm a Jace, not a Simon...

    Love this post! Will have to linkitylink :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wes?!?!?! I love him. ;D I think I may do this on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit, I love love love Cabel. And Wes. And Jace! (ok, and Edward).

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the boys from Mortal Instruments are awesome! That book is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome list: I loooove Simon in the Mortal Instruments series!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Owen too! I agree about Damon, but not about Nate. I like him :)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)