Sunday, June 21, 2009

In My Mailbox (16)

IMM was inspired by Alea, memefied by Kristi.

This week I was in LA. This week I got a TON of books. Most bought too. Sorry I didn't do a IMM post this past week. I was on my way to Los Angeles then.

THE BOUGHT:


City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

I got these at Borders on . . . I dunno when. It was sometime the week before last. And that was all I got the week before last, seriously. And, yes, I did buy City of Glass before City of Ashes.

Death by Denim by Linda Gerber
My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

I bought these three at the Books, Inc. that was in Downtown Disney on Monday when I went to Disneyland. I think they are more special for being bought at Disneyland. :)

Bleed by Laurie Faria Stolarz
The Center of The Universe (Yep, That Would Be Me) by Anita Liberty
The Devouring by Simon Holt

I got these at Borders with that huge coupon thing they had. I also got a cute three dollar tote bag and a book light that was originally $5.99 for $0.99. Cool huh?

Sisters in Sanity by Gayle Forman
Me, My Elf, and I by Heather Swain
TMI by Sarah Quigley

I got these at the first Barnes and Noble I was in in more then two years. I have to say, Barnes and Noble, YOU RULE! Borders does not have half as great a selection as B&N does. Funny thing is this B&N and the Borders where I bought the three book ahead of these three where a 2 minute walk from each other.

Three Little Words: A Memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
Bliss by Lauren Myracle
Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

I got these at a Barnes and Noble in Pasadena. YES, I bought L.A. Candy! It looked entertaining, OK?

Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

I got this when I was coming home yesterday from Los Angeles when my grandma and I stopped in Solvang, a really cute Danish town. We had Danish food and everything. It was pretty cool.

Dull Boy by Sarah Cross

I had ordered this the week before last from Borders and I finally was able to pick it up on the way home yesterday from LA. It looks so good!

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

I got these from the Sarah Dessen signing I went to yesterday! They are both signed. To me. I *had* to buy another copy of Just Listen because it is my favorite book of hers and I *needed* it signed. And now I have a finished edition of Along For The Ride to go along with my ARC.


THE RECEIVED:

How To Say Goodbye In Robot
by Natalie Standiford
Shiver (repeat copy) by Maggie Stiefvater
Ruined: A Ghost Story by Paula Morris
Operation Yes by Sara Holmes
Daughters of the Sea: Hannah by Kathryn Lasky
Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
How To Steal A Car by Pete Hautman

I just called my house in MN and my dad picked up and he said I got a big package of the books above. All of them from Scholastic, though I thought Crazy Beautiful was from Houghton, I dunno.

I am in much glee of everything though. A TON of books. How will I take them all home with me? Probably UPS-ing them to me. But it's worth it.

I'm scared to count how many I got this week, someone can tell me in the comments if they want.

Now I need to know. What did everyone else get this week?

13 comments:

  1. I'm uber jealous! I wish I had a grandma like yours!

    Enjoy all the books! (READ THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS TRILOGY NOW!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After meeting Cassandra Clare, I want to read her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way jealous...you have SO many great books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 19 bought. Total 26. SWEEEEEET! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem is....what to read next? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, so many amazing books. And I'm sooo jealous of that Scholastic package. I would love to have Crazy Beautiful and the rest. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of glass is kind of like the perfect book. I loved it, and had not one complain about it.

    Great week ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG you got a ton of books this week. I can't wait for all your reviews! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kelsey, Thanks for picking up my book ME, MY ELF, AND I and for giving it a shout out on your excellent blog. You've given me lots of ideas of what I'm going to read next, too. I hope you enjoy the elves!

    Thanks, Heather Swain

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great batch of books. Happy reading. I very much want to read Dull boy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I am totally jealous of your list of books! Do you ever get overwhelmed with so much to read? I am such a one book woman that I feel like I'm cheating on the book that I'm currently read if I start another one without finishing the first. (Although, I found a loop whole. I've started listening to books while I work out - I still feel slightly like a book whore haha!) But anyway!
    I have a quick question - I'm new to blogging and I keep reading about how all of these people have publishers sending them boxes of books! How do I get on this list? Or is it just because you are that awesome? Please let me know, I'm endlessly jealous!
    BTW- I love your blog! I stop by a couple times everyday! Does that make me a creeper? Haha! Hope you had a great trip!

    Reagan!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)