Saturday, June 6, 2009

In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox was inspired by Alea and memefied by Kristi.

I got a TON of books this week. A TON. So let's get started. I'll even tell you some stories of CA while I'm at it. :) (The pictures are from my cell phone! Sorry!)

THE BOUGHT:

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Castration Celebration by Jake Wizner
Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook
Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian
Skinned by Robin Wasserman
Paparazzi Princess by Jen Calonita
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

I got The Awakening on Monday I think. Carol and Yan told me I need the sequel before I started The Summoning, so, I got it. I found it at the Borders Express store in the mall while my grandma was searching for her book club book, Olive Kitteridge, which they did not have.

Then on Thursday, my grandma and I went up to downtown Santa Cruz where we walked all along Santa Cruz and came across a few bookstores. The first was Bookshop Santa Cruz (An Indie! Whoo! Go Indies!) which was so freaking amazing, you have no idea. They had a FANTASTIC Young Adult section and they had an atrium and everything! It was amazing. But first off I looked for Twenty Boy Summer, and found it, luckily! My local Borders didn't have it! Then I looked for LYHYMY, and, again, found it! I was so happy. Then I was mentally trying to remember the books on my checklist, so I was going through the ones that I remembered and I was looking for them, and I found Castration Celebration! I was so happy to find all of these books. Then I only had three books, and they were all hardcovers, so I wanted to leave there with a paperback for some reason. So I looked and looked and looked. Then I saw City of Bones, I know Carol is in love with this series and I've heard some great things, and the paperback was so shiny with pretty colors, so, I got it. Oh! My grandma got my a t-shirt at the Bookshop also, it's navy blue with some block lighter blue letters spelling READ. Simple but completely awesome. :)

Then we headed down the street some more and came across another Borders. A TWO-story Borders. I'm like obsessed with two story bookstores, so this was really cool, even though there weren't any books upstairs, just a Seattles Best Coffee place, so I didn't even go up there, but still. It was awesome. PLUS, I had a 25% off any one item coupon AND they had a sale for buy four books get the 5th FREE, so, ya know, why not? So I looked and I decided on the last group above. Cool, huh? I was in my happy place this week. :)

THE RECEIVED:

Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick
Crash Into Me Albert Borris

Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley
Ghostgirl: Homecoming by Tonya Hurley
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia andMargaret Stohl
Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
Ash by Malinda Lo
Hate List by Jennifer Brown

I didn't necassirily receive books, but they came in the mail at my house in MN so I kinda did. I got my package from Little, Brown and a package from Simon & Schuster. The LB books actually came last week, I think I even mentioned it in last weeks IMM post, I don't know.

So I had an AMAZING week. Something I haven't had in a loooong time. I'm happy. :)

Now I wanna know. What did you get this week?

10 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all of your amazing books. I don't even know where to start. I can't wait to see what you think of them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bought and the received. You got so many cool books! Can't wait for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Can't wait to read your reviews!

    -Tempestt

    http://temppatt.blogspot.com/ (book reviews and author interviews)
    http://temppatttoo.blogspot.com/ (entertainment news and reviews)

    Great giveaways at this link - http://temppatt.blogspot.com/ - just check the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got some really great books.

    Super jealous of Nothing Like You!

    So glad you're having a blast in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great pile of books. So many in there that I really loved. Also really want to read The Awakening. And will be very interested in your review of Castration Celebration. I think it went too far for me (and I loved Spanking Shakespeare)so am interested in how others react to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great week! There are so many titles in that pile that I've been dying to read, i don't even know where to start! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Bones was absolutely fabulous. Next thing you know, you'll be wanting the sequal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forest of Hands and Teeth rocks! It is really original and well-written, can't wait to see how you review it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous week for you Kelsey. I am so jealous of Hate List and Ash! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)