Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday (19)

Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles
August 11, 2009

(No cover yet.)

Tells, from four points of view, the ramifications of a pregnancy resulting from a "one-time thing" between Ellie, who feels loved when boys touch her, and Josh, an eager virgin with a troubled home life.

I liked Jo Knowles first book, Lessons From A Dead Girl, it was disturbing but strong and very interesting. She had a great writing style and her characters were interesting. This one sounds really interesting and, again, disturbing. Disgusting? Maybe. But it sounds really good and I can't wait for August 11th.

Edit: Geesh, could I have said 'interesting' one more time?

6 comments:

  1. I really like the title but I'm not sure about the actual book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered Lessons from a Dead Girl and am excited to read it. This sounds pretty interesting too, kind of like a cross between The Sound and the Fury and, er, a John Green novel? Not sure where I was going with that. -_-

    (And also, I used "interesting" too. Guess it's one of those things you just can't get away from!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that this one sounds interesting! can't wait to read it.
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this does sound good. I really want to read it now! Love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved "Lessons From A Dead Girl". I will add this one to my wish list...I like the author's style of writing. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey-I nominated your blog for an award! You can check it out on my blog!

    Hope you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)