Friday, April 3, 2009

And The Winners Are . . .

I'm SO sorry it's taken this long, I have a good, honest reason though! I started watching the first three seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And, well. Yeah, it's obviously addicting. BUT, I finished it, so hopefully this weekend I'll get some reviews written of the 10 (I think, there might be more, but far as I know, it's standing at 10 now) I need to write.

Before I say the two winners of my contest to win a personalized signed copy of Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey, I want to tally up the answers to the question I asked.

I will say everyone who got more then one vote, and in order of the most votes:

What fictional YA character would you most like to date and why?

1)-Edward Cullen (Twilight saga)-25

2)--Jace (Mortal Instruments series)-9

3)---Wes (The Truth About Forever)-6
3)---Seth (Wicked Lovely)-6

4)----Shane (Morganville Vampire series)-5
4)----Owen (Just Listen)-5

5)-----Spencer (Suite Scarlett)-4
5)-----Dimitri (Vampire Academy series)-4

6)------Alex (Perfect Chemistry)-3
6)------Cabel (Wake trilogy)-3

7)-------Dexter (This Lullaby)-2
7)-------Luke (Lament)-2
7)-------Ron Weasley (Harry Potter series)-2
7)-------Jasper (Twilight saga)-2
7)-------Char (Ella Enchanted)-2
7)-------Nate (Lock & Key)-2
7)-------Kartik (Gemma Doyle trilogy)-2
7)-------Emmett Cullen (Twilight saga)-2
7)-------Lucius (Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side)-2

So, it looks like Edward from Twilight is the big winner! Yeah! Do you agree with this? Why? Why not? Let's see some discussion going on!

This contest was a huge success. We had 191 entries total, and 135 answers to the question!

Now, to the two winners! Randomized by random.org.

First we have comment number 172, comment 172 was made by: xdaisyx! Congratulations! xdaisyx's comment was on who she wanted to date was: "I would have to say Emmett from Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer because he's pretty funny. Also Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead."

Second we have comment number 24, comment 24 was made by: Jocelyn! Congratulations Jocelyn! Jocelyn's answer to who she would love to date: "Tough question. I guess....Seth from Wicked Lovely? Let's just go with that one :-)"

Congratulations everyone who won! Sorry to everyone who didn't! Jocelyn and xdaisyx, you shall receive and email from Beth soon!

Hopefully a review will be coming your way soon enough!

10 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book for ages!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I agree with Yan. Ron Weasley?! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently a lot of people are huge fans of Rupert Grint's portrayal of him in the movies. *shrug* I think I said Lucius, but I can't recall completely. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...I want to change my answer to Kartik! He's awesome, but I read that a while back so I forgot. :)

    I kinda like Ron, he's nice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I liked Ron Weasley! but yeah on Buffy! and no I will not spoil you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ron Weasley is on the list? That kinda surprises me. So no one wants Harry hey?

    Congrats to the winners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if I answered last time or not, but I would NOT want to date Edward Cullen. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of different answers!

    Yikes, Edward in the lead huh? He's just too controlling, and moody for me!

    I like the suggestion for Shane from Morganville, he's awesome! :) Cabel is a good choice too!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)