Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday (17)

Sea by Heidi Kling
2010

Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother's accidental disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year old California girl Sienna "Sea" Jones, reluctantly travels with her father's volunteer team to six-months post-tsunami Indonesia. During her stay at the pesantren (Muslim boarding school), she meets the scarred and soulful orphaned boy, Deni, who is more like Sea then anyone she has ever met. She knows they can't be together, so why can't she stay away from him? And what about her old best friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may or may not be waiting for her back home? And why won't her psychiatrist dad tell her the truth about her mother's plane crash? The further she gets from home, the closer she comes to finding answers. And Sea's real adventure begins.

This book sounds really good. I love books that take place in exotic countries I don't even know about. I also think Sea is a really clever name and title. This sounds like another forbidden romance book with a twist! I love these type of books! So, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

5 comments:

  1. this book sounds so good and i dont want to wait sooo long for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the name's of the characters! They're all so unique . . .

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting about SEA! I'm thrilled you like the title--I've loved it since the beginning and I kept being afraid someone would want to change, it, but we're good to go.

    Review copies should be available in Fall, 09, and cover coming soon!

    To check up on it, please visit my blog at:
    http://seaheidi.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks also to Erika and Lynn: so glad you like the character names, too.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited you highlighted this book! I can hardly wait to pre-order on Amazon. It's one of those books you just *know* is going to be good.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)