Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Teen Tuesday: Seventh Edition!

My Blog: http://readingkeepsyousane.blogspot.com/

Wow, this last week was like never ending. First I had my first week of school. It went really well, I like my classes and I think I'll be getting more chances to read because I have B lunch and there is only one class in my grade that goes to that lunch and I don't really have any friends in it, so I read upstairs in the library until the bell rings and I go back to English to finish 4th hour because the weird thing is, we go to 4th hour for 30 minutes, then at 12:15, we go to lunch, 30 minutes later, we go back to 4ht period and finish that class up. It's kinda nice because you don't have to put your books in your locker first and all, so yeah, more reading time, yay! Then on Saturday morning, I wake up with the feeling that I'm going to vomit. And what do I do? Vomit. Yeah, you probably don't want the details, the main thing is that I threw up all day Saturday, only eating a slice of toast all weekend and missed school on Monday because of it. But Between that mess of a week, I did get a few books read, yeah! The books I read are:

  1. Harmless by Dana Reinhardt
  2. In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg
The Little Bestie Awards:

  • Best Character: Molly in In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg
  • Best Plot: Tie
  • Best Setting: In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg
  • Best Writing: Harmless by Dana Reinhardt
Winning Book: In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg.

In Your Room is a really neat book. It's REALLY short, like 200 pages max. But I loved the whole plot and Molly was a pretty good character and, it was basically an awesome love story, and I love myself an awesome love story. Harmless was a good book, kind of slow and not as fun. The plot is really good and all, but the whole story and the characters were kind of boring. But I really recommend In Your Room when it comes on sale in October.

I don't know if you've seen it or not, but for some very odd reason, but awesome!, I won a load of contests last week. I won one of the packages Liv was offering for her HUGE contest and I won another contest where I created a banner and she liked that so I won another book, then I won Bookluver-Carol's monthly contest and won two books there. Then I had two books come in last week also, so yeah, I should be getting a TON of books soon.

I'm reading Where People Like Us Live by Patricia Cumbie right now, then I plan on reading Pretty Things by Sarra Manning, then if I get to the library I should get All We Know of Heaven by Jacquelyn Mitchard, that somebody mentioned last week, can't rememeber who, but it sounded good so I requested it at the library and it's there, so I just need to get to the library now.

Then I got Sleepless by Terri Clark and Fabulous Terrible by Sophie Talbot in the mail on Friday and Saturday and I should get Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard(?) and I Was a Teenage Popsicle and Beyond Cool by Bev Kats Rosenbaum and Model by Cheryl Diamond and The Blonde of the Joke by Bennett Madison in the mail this week or next week, so yeah, those are my upcoming books to be read. Oh and Freaksville by Kitty Keswick, I might be reading soon also.

Well, I think that's all.



P.S. My 100th Post Contest was a BLAST and SO many people joined it, and I just wanted to warn you that I will be having another HUGE contest for Halloween and my birthday coming up soon, sometime is October, and will last a month, so look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)