Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning


Seventeen-year-old Molly Montgomery never planned on becoming famous. Starting a band with her best mates, Jane and Tara, was just a way to have some fun. But when the group is joined by charismatic bad-boy Dean, things onstage-and backstage-start happening, fast. Their band, The Hormones, is front-page news, and their debut album is rocketing up the charts.

Molly is the force behind the band-a superstar diva-but the hazards of fame, first love, screaming fans, and sleazy managers are forcing the newly crowned teen queen of grrrl angst close to the edge. Fame never comes for free, and Molly's about to find out what it costs.


I had a lot of fun reading this novel. Everybody wants to be a rock star once in there lives, right? This book shows you that it's not the best thing in the world. Molly is really just a normal teen girl barely eighteen. I loved all the characters created in this novel. It was highly enjoyable. With the scandals and touring and rows (as a British person would say); it's just a great read.

Sarra Manning is, after reading Let's Get Lost and Guitar Girl, my favorite British author. And maybe close to the top of my favorite authors of all. She writes with cleverness and there is always a small but also huge problem in the two books I've read of hers that make it even more good. (But you have to read to find out what they are...)

I would hugely recommend Miss Sarra Manning's books, without a doubt. It's a great book that every body should read. Along with the other book I've read of Sarra's, Let's Get Lost. I can't wait to get my hands on her other books.

~Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. jut bought this book and i cant wait to start reading! I already read two of her other books and she is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)