Sunday, June 1, 2008

Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty

Jessica had finally left her New Jersey hometown/hellhole for New York’s Columbia University; she’s more into Marcus Flutie than ever (so what if he’s at a Buddhist college in California?); and she’s making friends who just might qualify as stand-ins for her beloved Hope.

But Jessica soon realizes that her bliss might not last. She lands an internship at a snarky Brooklyn-based magazine, but will she mesh with the uber-hip staff? As she and Marcus hit the rocks, will she end up falling for her GOPunk, neoconservative RA…or the hot (and married!) Spanish grad student who is her partner on a summer project…or the oh-so-sensitive emo boy down the hall? And what do the cryptic one-word postcards from Marcus really mean? With hilarious insight, hyper observant Jessica struggles through three years of college—and the summers in between.

Have I ever told you how much I love Jessica Darling? No? Yes? Well, if not, I'll tell you now. Jessica Darling is the most awesomest and fabulousest character I've read in awhile. Her personality is full of wit, cynicism, and candor. How can somebody NOT like her is my question?

In this installment, Jessica faces the years of college. It brings some new people in and makes you laugh out loud no matter what. The hardships she goes through is in possibly funny. But also this is probably the sadist installment to date. With the trouble with Marcus, its just so...sad. I also liked this book because Jessica went through her entire college years thoughout it. It's just nice to read it all in one book. Not having to worry the book'll end at a cliffhanger ending and such.

The Jessica Darling series is probably the most original thing EVER, but, really, with all the attitude Jessica has it makes it also one of the best original stories ever told, too. I suggest reading these books, if you don't, well.....I just despise you. Haha.

Okay, now, if your reading this, and didn't care for this series, I want you to comment right here and now and tell me why, and I won't take "Just 'cause," either!

______________________________________________________

Okay! I am back! School is finally over, I am done taking Finals!!! Yay! Now I have the next three months to just read! (Cause I have nothin' else to do this summer, then again what else is better then reading all day?)

Read On!

Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. You won the Dream Team contest over at my blog! Congrats! Send me an email at emsbookshelf@gmail.com with your mailing address and I'll send the books out later this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tagged you for the author meme. The details are on my blog. http://midnighttwilightsbookblog.blogspot.com

    Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)