Friday, June 20, 2008

Let's Get Lost by Sarra Manning

Isabel's friends are terrified of her, her teachers can't get through to her, her family doesn't understand her, and that's just the way she likes it. Nothing gets to Isabel--not even her mother's sudden death. When she meets an enigmatic guy named Smith, Isabel fights hard to keep hold of her cool, narky image, but she soon finds herself coming apart at the seams, feeling the pain, and missing her mom.

I loved this book to death. It was absolutely well written and meaningful. Isabel is such a believable character and is the insanely awesome anti-heroine. She's the girl you hate, the bully, the girl your afraid of, you know the type of girl I'm talking about. But she wasn't always like that, in what us Americans call Middle or Junior High School she was the one being bullied. So she turned it around. Isabel is such a believable character, all though you know she's hiding something.

Smith and Isabel make the perfect couple. She's got the attitude and he's got the attitude who won't take her attitude personally. It's perfect. Smith is an awesome character. I have to say though, even as real as Isabel was, she made me mad. Isabel's lies are complicated and annoying. But for me that was really the only problem is this novel.

Sarra Manning wrote this book 3 months after her own mother died. With that, this book really means something. The feeling Isabel has of losing her mother is a real one, because Sarra felt the same. That's just another one of the tons of reasons why this novel is so good.

I highly recommend reading this novel, it's an excellent read. You'll probably see a review soon on here for her first book, Guitar Girl, soon.

Read On!

Kelsey

5 comments:

  1. wow, this book sounds really good. i'll have to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Guitar Girl and really liked it so I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for reviewing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like a really good one. i'm gonna check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this book when I was at Borders and I read it in 8 hours. I loved this book because it reminded me of myself... well not really because I'm not THAT mean XD and she really got me mad and there were times I threw the book across my room but in the end I was happy. The book made me feel sick to my stomach but it was gone when I got to the end of the book. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)