Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ARC-Jet Set by Jill Kargman and Carrie Karasyov

Lucy Peterson is not your typical Van Pelt Academy student. She’s American, first off. And she’s on scholarship. And she’s clueless about posh designers, international royalty, and the best shopping spots in Milan. But now she’s falling all over herself to impress her crush (who just happens to be a prince), is trapped in the middle of a tabloid disaster (literally), and is the unfortunate object of the “It” clique’s evil scorn.

This book literally was unreal. Van Pelt academy is a school like no other. I doubt there is even a school like this somewhere in the world. Okay, imagine going to a school with it's own mall full of designer names and the school having its own jet to fly somewhere for sports. Room Service; a different campus for dinner; etc. It really is unrealistic, but, hey, it's fiction right?

The two authors were O.K. writers. They got the point out but they didn't really describe very well. During the entire read I had no idea what the school looked liked or how big it was, I barely new what the characters looked liked, in fact, I think I only know what Lucy and Antony looked liked. I just felt they could've done better.

The storyline was pretty good. It flowed pretty well. Lucy seemed liked a clueless person, the way she thought. She didn't really seem like a tenth grader. Either did the rest of them, they sounded pretty immature.

I didn't care for this book very much and when it comes out August 26th of this year, I wouldn't buy it.

(From Harperteen First Look Program)

Read On!

Kelsey

6 comments:

  1. I saw this book for the First look program and I requested it but I didn't get. The plot seems interesting but on the down side, like you said, the characters were immature. Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book in general doesn't seem like something I'd like, but now I definitely don't think i'd want to read it based on your review.

    :)
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, might be interesting, but not one I'll rush out to read. Thanks for sharing your opinions on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like a plot that's showing up way too much lately. Thanks for being honest about how you felt about the book though.
    ~pepsivanilla
    pepsivanilla14[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I've heard the same things you said in your review from other reviewers. I had the chance to review this one for teensreadtoo but I decided not to. I'm glad.

    At least it was alright. I hate reading a book that I just really didn't like at all.

    Nice review.

    -Breanna

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)