Sunday, June 15, 2008

Girl At Sea by Maureen Johnson

Sometimes you have to get lost. The Girl: Clio, seventeen, wants to spend the summer smooching her art-store crush, not stuck on a boat in the Mediterranean. At least she'll get a killer tan. The Mission: Survive her father's annoying antics. Oh, also find some underwater treasure that could be the missing link to a long-lost civilization. The Crew: Dad's absentminded best friend Martin, his scary girlfriend Julia, her voluptuous daughter Elsa . . . and then there's Aidan, Julia's incredibly attractive, incredibly arrogant research assistant. What's going on behind Aidan's intellectual, intensely green eyes, anyway? As Clio sails into uncharted territory she unveils secrets that have the power to change history. But her most surprising discovery is that there's something deeper and more mysterious than the sea—her own heart.

There is really no doubt; Girl At Sea is a great read. Clio is a really relatable person. Her thoughts are witty and sarcastic and fun. Her view of things are interesting. She acts like any regular girl, really; what is regular, though?

With romance, mystery, fun, and adventure this novel has it all. The characters are all really different. The story is diverse. At some points I did know where the story was heading and it was pretty predictable, but thats about a fourth of the time. The other seventy-five percent of the time it's totally unpredictable. There was so many surprising things to happen that I would never expecting.

I had fun reading this book, I suggest you read it also.

Read On!

Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. I just finished 13 Little Blue Envelopes and liked it. I'll have to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maureen Johnson!! I just picked this book up the other day. I started in class after I had finished my final, but then got absorbed in another book! I will definitely have to find time to finish it soon though.

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)