Saturday, May 10, 2008

Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty

Jessica Darling is up in arms again in this much-anticipated, hilarious sequel to sloppy firsts. This time, the hyperobservant, angst-ridden teenager is going through the social and emotional ordeal of her senior year at Pineville High. Not only does the mysterious and oh-so-compelling Marcus Flutie continue to distract Jessica, but her best friend, Hope, still lives in another state, and she can’t seem to escape the clutches of the Clueless Crew. To top it off, Jessica’s parents won’t get off her butt about choosing a college and her sister Bethany’s pregnancy is causing a big stir in the Darling household.

Jessica Darling is my new best friend! She is funny and wise and prudent. She is your dream best friend. When reading this book you will feel like you are having a girls night out with Jess and she is spilling everything that goes on in her "drear and tedious" life. Whereas, when Jessica is telling her tale to us loyal readers, her life is the most intriguing as ever.

I, personally, can and won't ever get enough of Miss Darling. Marcus either.

Don't you just love the affiliation between Marcus and Jessica? I sure do, thats for sure.

Megan McCafferty knows what she is doing without a doubt. I can only imagine what she was like in her teen years. McCarfferty can add zaniness and sincereness to these novels. One moment you'll have to be taking a 5 minute break just to stop laughing and the next you'll have to take a break because you couldn't believe what had just happened. Megan McCafferty will have twists and turns in these novels that you wont expect but will love and dislike (but love more) in set month. Look out!

I suggest reading the Jessica Darling series, or else you will miss out one a great view of your teen years. This stuff is just so real. you can't miss it.

Read On!

Kelsey

5 comments:

  1. Second Helpings is my favorite book in the series =D I'm glad you liked it.

    Te amo,
    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read SLOPPY FIRSTS but I think it's time to pick up the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is gorgeously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does anybody know what the first book of the series is?? like is it...... second helpings?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Sloppy Firsts in two days. I just couldnt stop reading it once i started, today i started reading Second Helpings and at first i thought i was boring but now that im on page 50 its starting to get interesting.
    I cant wait to read the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)