Sunday, October 11, 2009

Notice:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say something really quick. I'm completely behind on my email, and I know pretty much everyone who emails me reads my blog, so I just wanted to do a blog post to everyone awaiting email replies from me. I've been pretty busy, extremely tired (like bedtime at nine o'clock tired!), and I'm a bit sick now too.

And while I'm somewhat on the subject, and yes I know some of you hate those posts of why I haven't been posting and all, and I'm pretty sure you've noticed the emptiness of my blog for the last week or so, but the truth is that ever since school started I haven't been able to finish a book, that might be a reason, but the reason also might be that ever since I finished reading FIRE by Kristin Cashore, which just blew me away, no book has really come to my attention and I haven't been able to keep reading it. Yes, FIRE was that good. So anybody want to suggest anything to me? Like a book that would make it so I don't want to stop reading? My goodreads page is in the linkbar above my header. And thanks in advance. Like really, I know if I just read a book that can excite me again like FIRE did, I'd be back in my reading habit again.

Thanks, my faithful readers. I can't wait to get back in the groove of things again.

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand the whole being sick thing and not being able to get through a book. It happens to the best of us!

    As far as recommendations go, I took a brief look through your Goodreads list to see what you've already read and here's what I've got for you.

    -The Hunger Games (haven't read it myself, though a copy's on my shelf waiting for me, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it).
    -The Vampire Academy series (pretty good; they tend to get better as you go along; quick reads either way)
    -Hunger (I noticed that you ranked Gone very highly; I'd recommend picking up the sequel!)
    -Lament (you liked Shiver by the same author, why not try another?)
    -Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine (first is Glass Houses; they're really quick easy reads: 150-200 pages usually; and they've got enough suspense to keep you flipping pages)

    Hope this helped!

    Natalie @ Mindful Musings

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)