Friday, May 29, 2009

Where Am I?


Where am I?

Well if you're reading this before 7 AM Central time today, then I'm probably still in Minnesota. And if you're reading this post anywhere between 9:15 AM (central) and 11:20 AM (pacific) then I will be flying from Minneapolis to San Fransisco! And if you're reading this post from 11:20 AM (pacific) then I am definitely in California by now.

How exciting is this? Very much exciting. Did you remember my post about what I am going to do this summer in March? If not, then you should probably read this post first.

Before I say stuff. I just want to say how much of a hectic week it's been. Monday was Memorial Day and no school. Tuesday I had to finish all of my finals in all of my classes. Wednesday I had to wake up at 4 AM and drive 6 hours to Minneapolis to go on my class trip to an Amusement park and get back at around midnight. On Thursday (yesterday) it was my last day of school and I had to turn in all of my textbooks and everything. Then I had to finish packing while being exhausted. Then I had to get up at 4 AM again to get ready for the plane and by there at the latest by 6 AM since my plane leaves at 7 AM. So yes. Pretty hectic.

And before I continue I just want to say that I am writing this post up on Wednesday, May 20th, so most of those are assumptions of what is really going to happen.

So, now. I just want to say something exciting I am going to do this summer and some things to be aware of on the blog.

First of all. There will be changes. I will still post at the very least once a week because I have all my WoW posts scheduled from now until the week after I get back for CA. I hope to be able to keep up with reviews and IMM and OTO good, but I honestly don't know how I am going to do everything.

The first three weeks, from now until June 21, my grandma has off so I will probably be a ton busy doing stuff with her, like traveling to LA, going to the beach, among others things. So I really just don't know how I will be able to keep up with everything. By the last week of school, when my grandma goes back to work it will cool down a lot. I will be working with my grandpa on doing stuff with him still though.

I will try my very hardest to keep up with everything, but don't take my word on it just yet.

Now, I have some freaking ecstatic news that I am finally happy to share with you. I haven't found the perfect time to share it yet, so I will do so now. It has to do with what I am going to do while in CA.

Well, I am going to see an author. A very amazing and talented and popular author on June 19th at 3:00 PM in La Verne, CA. Up, the very amazing Sarah Dessen. Who is like my favorite author. Amazing isn't it? She will even be my first author signing! Yippee! And there is more! I will be able to go to it with my awesome blogger friend Khy! How amazing isn't it? I am so very freaking excited you have no idea.

I also plan to go to a ton of museums. My grandma really wants to go to a few and so do I! If you know any great museums in the LA area or somewhere else in CA please tell me so I can go!

Oh, and I will be able to go to an actual real live BOOKSTORE! I haven't been in a real live three-dimensional bookstore in like two years. So this is so amazing. I plan to buy a ton of books. Some are Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler, Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott (Yes! I haven't read them yet!), Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten, Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog, Nothing But Ghosts by Beth Kephart and a ton, ton more! I can't wait until I get to actually be in a bookstore again. I think I might make my grandma take me to one ASAP! :)

So that's it! I'll try my best to keep up! If you are waiting for an email reply hopefully you know why I haven't gotten back to you so quickly, but I will!

Thanks everyone! And wish me luck on traveling alone!

*I do not take credit for the picture.

4 comments:

  1. How was Valley Fair? Didja go on the wild thing or the wave or the little octopus thing? :)
    And good luck! Have tons of fun in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to California! While you are in SF you should definitely check out the CA Academy of Sciences. I loved the old one and really want to check out the new digs. Hope you enjoy your time here. I really need to go make a trip down to LA. Seems like more bookish stuff goes on down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so exciting!! Your done with school already AND going to CA to meet Sarah Dessen?? LUCKY! Please please take pictures of the author signing or any others pictures really. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have TONS of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)