Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Year Today

Today is the day. Today is the day that one year ago, I was sitting at this computer that I am sitting at now, it was late and I was incredibly bored, but I had a love for books, and I had nobody to share my thoughts about them with. So I created Reading Keeps You Sane. I thought I might share some stuff with you.

Firstly, how my blog title came to be. It's a little unusual, yes. It's not really a exciting story, but it's worth sharing at least. I hadn't really thought of getting a blog before the name came to be. On day, a few days before I believe, I was searching the internet for something, I'm not sure what, but I was, and I came across this picture of a dog, you know one of those dogs with the big eyes and nose or something that hallmark makes? This is the only picture I found:
I guess one picture I saw said something about insane or something on that order, and for some odd reason, I was like "Reading Keeps Me Sane" and then a few days later, I was creating a blog, and I was sitting there thinking up a name when I remembered the dog and the thing I thought of and I was like "Reading Keeps You Sane" and it does and Viola! Reading Keeps You Sane was born.

So there you have it. I just want to thank everybody for the fabulous year I had, and the hopefully years to come. To my 68 followers, and everybody that comments, and all the great friends I've made, and to all the awesome and creative authors I've gotten the chance to interview, and all the books I got to read. To everybody who has sent me free books to read. You have no idea how much of a joy ride I have had this past year. It's been fabulous and I can't wait until next year!

But if you have any questions about me that you want to aask, ask them below and I'll try to answer them on Staurday.

Thank you, thank you so very much. You have no idea what it means.

16 comments:

  1. Happy One Year Anniversary :D
    Glad to hear that you had great memories with this blog. I love the story of how this site was created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 year anniversary!! :) Congratulations for making it this far- hope there's many more years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Thanks for sharing the story of how the blog got its name -- so interesting! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and questions? I'm not very good at this...

    "What do you like to do besides read?"

    "What was one of your MOST favorite ARCS to recieve and read?"

    "What do you hope to change in the blog in the next year, if anything of course?"


    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, my other didn't show up? Congrats on a year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 1 year-ness!

    (I love how most people started their blogs at the same time. In the next few months there will be a massive amount of anniversary posts!)

    I can't wait until I get to 1 year... (March 5th!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first anniversary! I love reading your blog. Great starting story.

    ~bella aire~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kelsey! I'm glad that you started blogging. I often enjoy your recommendations. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! And here's a question for you: if you could only take 3 books to a desert island, which 3 would they be?

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOOOOOT! Congrats on your one year, Kelsey! :)

    hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Kelsey!!!!

    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/latina_lover076689/th7413a291.gif

    (The html doesn't work here :( Sad)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That is such an exciting and important hurtle. Now, it seems like you can do anything. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy one-year birthday/anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)