Sunday, May 31, 2009

In My Mailbox (14)

IMM was inspired by Alea and memefied by Kristi.

This week I received more books then whats been the usual. There won't be pictures or summaries or links though.

THE RECEIVED:

It's Not You, It's Me by Kerry Cohen Hoffman

Alea sent me this one for T2T because she had been sent an extra copy and I hadn't received one yet. It's a lot shorter then I expected from a HB, but it looks short and sweet.

The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Sarah actually sent me this one, she's so sweet! I'm doing an OTO with her, um, TOMORROW, so check it out, it's a really good one!

Being Nikki by Meg Cabot

I won this ARC at a contest over at Laura's blog. I had really wanted it too, I'm glad that all the books I have in this series are ARC's though. I like things to match. :)

THE BOUGHT:

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

So I went to Borders and bought some books. This one looked really good. It wasn't on my list, but I saw it and just wanted to own it. Sarah at Sarah's Random Musings was going to let me borrow her copy, but I wanted to buy it instead.

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

I've wanted this book for a really long time, so I'm glad I got to buy it! It looks really good and the HB is to pretty.

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

I actually didn't know what this book was really about until I saw it and picked it up, and it looked so good I had to buy it too. I hear it's really good, but people also said not to read it until I get the sequel, too bad Borders didn't have it stocked! I probably would have bought it too!

Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph

You can thank Khy for making me get this book, it looks really cute and I've heard great things about it, but I was told to get a debs books and this is the one to get, so I can't wait to read it!

So, that's it. Well, not really. I received my Little, Brown books, but they came from UPS the day I left for California, so they are in MN right now. I'm having my mom ship them to me tomorrow, hopefully she does! I reallllllllly want them.

And to anyone who is wondering, my flight went perfectly and I got home safely and It's been going good! Though my grandma was sick, so I might catch a little something. Oh, well. It leaves time for reading. But, my grandpa let me use a laptop he had for vacations for the summer and I am LOVING having a laptop. I just lay in bed and have it on my lap! It's perfect!

Also, I am going on a trip the end of the second week of June down to Santa Monica for awhile, then to LA for a bit, and we're going to go have a special lunch with Sarah Dessen too and meet Khy! So, whooo!

10 comments:

  1. The Summoning and Shrinking Violet are both good reads! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so many great books. The Summoning is amazing. I hope you like it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many cool books, I'm in love with It's Not You, It's Me. And a lunch with Sarah Dessen sounds just awesome. I hope you'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great week! Hope you're having fun in sunny Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shrinking Violet and The Summoning look really good.

    I loved Being nikki!

    Lunch with Sarah Dessen....yeah, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yOU GET TO MEET SARAH DESSEN!!?! Lucky! :-D She's like a celebrity to me.,
    -AMY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally sounds like you're having a great time! :D Nice books, especially Shrinking Violet. I want it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finished Being Nikki last week, it was so good. I really want to read the Demon's Lexicon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Reading! Hope this news makes you happy-you've won books by Jo Knowles!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)