Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennifer thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend. When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.

When I read Story of A Girl by Sara Zarr I was breathless. Nevertheless, on this novel I was too this time again.

Jennifer/Jenna was a believable character, whereas I think I would of done the same exact things she had. I just bet she is an example to a bunch of other kids in her position, she is a reliable character.

This span of words had hope and a bond thats unbreakable throughout. You just had to think of what had happen and put it into your own life and think about how you would've handled it. You would've wished to see your Cameron again, too.

Sara Zarr writes with much sympathy towards her characters. She also makes you think that since it was so invovled that she had lived through it herself.

I recommend this book to anyone who has lost hope. Read this and it will keep your hope up on really anything. Even so, I think this will not let down anybody. You might even cry, like I know I did.

The ending felt finished. Completed, it will not leave you questioning what had happened. Sara Zarr did a great job of making sure of that. The last few chapters were like an epilogue. You won't be disappointed at the very least.

Read On!

Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this book next =D

    I loved Story of a Girl as well, so I'm really looking forward to it.

    Great review!

    Te amo,
    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book so bad! Nice review! Also, I've tagged you for a meme. Check out my blog to see what it's all about. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)