Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blue Is For Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Stacey's junior year at boarding school isn't easy. She's not the most popular girl at school, or the smartest, or the prettiest. She's got a crush on her best friend's boyfriend, and an even darker secret that threatens to ruin her friendships for good. And now she's having nightmares again. Not just any nightmares – these dreams are too real to ignore, like she did three years ago. The last time she ignored them, a little girl died. This time they're about Drea, her best friend who's become the target of one seriously psycho stalker. It started with weird e-mails and freaky phone calls. Now someone's leaving Drea white lilies – the same death lilies that have been showing up in Stacey's dreams. Everybody thinks it's just a twisted game . . . until another girl at school is brutally murdered. There are no witnesses. Worst of all, no one has a perfect alibi. With everyone as a potential suspect, Stacey turns to the one secret weapon she can trust – the folk magic taught to her by her grandmother. Will Stacey's magic be strong enough to expose the true killer, or will the killer make her darkest nightmares come true?

I loved this novel a bunch. It had romance and suspense, some of my favorite parts to a novel. Stacey Brown and her friends Drea, Amber, P.J., and Chad all bring something different to the table. Stacey is mysterious and interesting. Drea is the beautiful shy girl, Amber is the in-your-face type, P.J. is the thrilling and daring guy, and Chad is the all-around good guy, or so it seems.

The beginning of the book and series wasn't catchy enough. I have to say if I hadn't of bought the book and instead gotten it from the library, I might've not of finished it because the beginning just didn't catch me into the novel as I thought it would.

I sure am glad I did read it though. The ending was superb. Such suspense. I honestly didn't expect what happened to happen. It was spooky enough and it had romance. What else could you not want?

I liked how it didn't leave you hanging at the end of the novel. It actually could've just been a stand-alone book with a great ending that didn't leave you hanging and wondering. But I am glad Miss Stolarz did do another 3 novels and maybe 4. I read she is planning on having a 5th novel in the series come out in summer of '09 as a graphic novel.

This was great and I recommend it.

Read On!

Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. I saw my friend reading this just the other day. It's sounds really good!:)

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)