Sunday, February 15, 2009

In My Mailbox (6)

So, I only received 1 books this week! One! I was kind of shocked about it, but nonetheless, I still received a book that I was very excited about!

Artichokes Heart by Suzanne Supplee (ARC)

Rosemary Goode is smart and funny and loyal and the best eyebrow waxer in Spring Hill, Tennessee. But only one thing seems to matter to anyone, including Rosemary: her weight. And when your mom runs the most successful (and gossipy) beauty shop in town, it can be hard to keep a low profile. Rosemary resolves to lose the weight, but her journey turns out to be about everything but the scale. Her life-changing, waist-shrinking year is captured with brutal honesty and humor, topped with an extra large helping of Southern charm. A truly uncommon novel about an increasingly common problem.

This one looks really good. I did a OTO post with Suzanne last week and she was a pleasure to work with. Anyway, Suzanne had said that she had a few ARCs leftover, so I offered to review her novel for her. It looks really good and I love the cover a ton, it makes me hungry! Oh, and by the way, I saw this when I was linking it that Artichokes Heart on Amazon is a bargain price right now! A hardcover for $6.30! How can you not take that deal?

5 comments:

  1. Every time I see this cover I crave some chocolate. It looks really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting. And the cover...I have gained 5 pounds just by looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those chocolates. Its look so good!!!! Its make me so hungry now :(

    ReplyDelete

Good? Bad? Ugly? I don't care as long as you tell me!

(P.S. You might have to double click.)